jezebelblue: (Default)
[personal profile] jezebelblue
Hello LJ...sorry I have been lapse in being here. I read...I promise. I even comment...but posting myself is something that I have been not doing.

Anyway so....what has happened?

I married my best friend, the light of my life, the ying to my yang, the chaos to my balance, the love that I lost and happily, thankfully found Ted (are you gagging now? Sorry I can't help with barf bags). I know I sound like a Hallmark card on crack, but I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Yes, like everyone, he has his foibles (like I have), but even when he is driving me crazy (like leaving shit everywhere!!), we end up laughing about it..and there is a snuggle or a Skype-kiss at the end of it. 

The wedding is a blur..the whole day is sort of. 

The night before, Ted and I drove over to the hotel to check me in and to meet with Erika, one of my dearest and oldest serving friends who had travelled all the way from Portland, via North Carolina to be my maid of honour. the hotel was lovely (Ted made a great choice) and despite the fact it was pissing down with rain and the wind was ridiculous, we got settled in. Met with Erika and Drew (who is absolutely lovely) in the bar once they arrived. Do you know the definition of a real friend? Not seeing each other in over 11 years and the two of you just pick up where you were back then. That's me and Erika. Damn I miss that girl. Sucks that an ocean and a country separates us. Oh the trouble we could cause together!

So I sent Ted home - tradition, people! and settled in for a good night sleep. Which, for the most part, I got. Once I woke up...sheer panic (which I had been fighting for several days) set in. Hence the run to the bathroom for a good 'cleansing of the insides via my mouth' (i.e. a good puke)....wondered around the room...watched some telly...opened up the wine. Had room service. 

Sorted out the schedule for the day with Erika. Got a call from room service. My sister had ordered food for us as we got ready. Enough food for a small army to be honest. 3 people do not need 3 orders of chicken nuggest and fries, a quesadilla, a pizza, 50 wings and a cheese platter. I reduced the order and sat back down after a shower...oh wait..breakfast wanted to make an appearance and I ended up projectile vomiting all over the bathroom and myself. Not pretty to read and even less so to clean up on your wedding day. Cue a second shower. 

Erika and Drew arrived and in between chats, giggles, phone calls, etc, we got ready. The flowers arrived...I cried (this will happen a lot I found during the rest of the day), the photographer arrived, my hair refused to curl. Eventually I was ready and off we went to the venue. Bear in mind I had not spoken to Ted all day. Oh and I was just a bundle of nerves. 

Got to the venue and true 'lady' fashion, we finished my makeup in the men's bathroom with me sitting on the 'throne'...the officiant came in, spoke to me and before I knew it, I heard the music, and pushed Erika out. Heard my cue and through the curtain I went. 

The ceremony was amazing. April did a fantastic job..making people laugh and cry. I lost the 'bet' with Ted and started to cry halfway down the aisle. He looked so amazing and was beaming with that gorgeous smile and those amazing eyes. The words we had helped craft were personal and perfect. My sister cried when she did the reading (my sister! seriously!)..and before I knew it, I was kissing the most amazingly fantastic man in the world who had honoured me forever for having me as his wife (yes, you can retch now)

The rest of the night is a blur (thank god for photos!) Lots of going from table to table, checking people were okay, that the food/wine was okay, catching up with people I hadn't seen in ages, having photos taken. We sat down to eat dinner and I got four bites in and turned to Ted to say that it wasn't possible. My stomach was still a knot of tension and food was not being allowed in. Alcohol however had a free pass and could make as many trips down as it wanted! 

We did get one moment of peace...our first dance. It was the only dance of the evening (we didn't have a dance floor) and it was perfect. I love the photos of that...

It was over in the end, as all good things must end...and we headed off to the hotel courtesy of Erika and Drew. And no, I won't 'bore' you with the details of what happened there!

In the morning, had brekkie and then met Erika and Drew. They dropped us back at Ted's before they headed out to family obligations. We hung out all day and just enjoyed being newlyweds...*sigh*

So that was the wedding. Pre-wedding, we had lots of running around getting stuff done, dinner with my family, Christmas Eve with my family, Christmas Day with Ted's family, lunch with both families (so they could meet pre-wedding). There was shopping, making of favours, almost falling over at the price of the cigars my Dad used to smoke, football, me behaving semi-Bridezilla, Ted being amazingly patient and wonderful, becoming friends (and also buying out all of the particular pinot grigio I like) with the local liquor store, my nails getting done (yes, I actually had girly hands!), small panics, large panics...lots of laugh and giggles. Post-wedding, there was a blissful NYE alone and at home with Ted (way too much alcohol), baking cookies, making lasagna and meatballs together, shopping, dinner out at the venue we had the wedding at (I wanted to actual eat the food everyone raved about and I couldn't eat!), Ted's painful toothache, lots of giggles and laughs and love. 

Oh - one moment that will be forever making me smile...we went to the supermarket to get stuff for our NYE feast when we were standing at the start of an aisle and I heard it...our wedding song. It's a Bon Jovi song, 'You wanna make a memory' and it wasn't a huge hit (I didn't even think it was released as a single until someone told me!) so most people don't know it. To have it played so randomly was just kismet I think...We had a little dance and snog much to the bemusement of the people there.

Of course, there was the airport and going back, me crying, Ted trying to hold it together. To be honest, he was in so much pain from his tooth, it helped him keep his mind off me leaving. At least that's what he said! 

I go back in February for a the meantime, we are sorting out tons of paperwork and red tape for both Ted and the kitties. 

So...what have you been up to?


jezebelblue: (Default)

December 2012

30 31     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 21st, 2017 06:49 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios